<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Politics
Moderators: freddy
Author Post
Wombat
Sat Mar 09 2013, 12:29pm
Furry One
Registered Member #12
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at 10 Downing Street ; one from London , another from Bristol and the third, Liverpool ..

They go with a government official to examine the wall.

The London contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about £900: £400 for materials, £400 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Bristol contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and then says, 'I can do this job for £700: £300 for materials, £300 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Liverpool contractor doesn't measure or figure but leans over to the Government official and whispers, "£2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Liverpool contractor whispers back, '£1000 for me, £1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Bristol to fix the wall.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that friends, ...... is how it all works.
Yelahiah
Sat Mar 09 2013, 03:04pm
Pig Rider
Registered Member #133
have to agree.... sux but true
Wombat
Tue Nov 05 2013, 06:06pm
Furry One
Registered Member #12
Two Statements that speak volumes:

Irony 1
“We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics."
BUT on the other hand……. "We are also encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics."
How is that supposed to work.....??????

Irony 2.
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 47 million people as of the most recent figures available in 2013.
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."
Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus Ends Today's Lesson On Irony

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF